Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Anybody have some good 'Jenny' songs?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My girlfriend's named Jennifer and, unfortunately, all the songs I've found are rather negative about the Jennys. Be it Jennie Lies, Hungover with Jenny, 867-5309, or even Weird Al's "Gump". Therefore, anybody have any suggestions for songs that are positive about Jenny and could be used for a compilation cd? Please, post them here, if you do. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ December 11, 2005 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Cotton Candy Lover ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Sandy-Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lycan, I know you refuse to talk to me because of my stunted mental capacity. But there is a great Less Than Jake song called
    "Jen Doesn't Like Me Anymore" off of their Losing Streak CD.

    Lyrics

    "Jen Doesn't Like Me Anymore"

    Jen thinks it isn't fair that I don't really care
    If she likes me or not
    And Jen doesn't like to settle
    Until she makes me feel like Howie Reynolds
    She thinks that I'm all that I've got
    No Jen doesn't like me anymore
    Jen doesn't like to go to the shows,
    She doesn't like my whoa - whoa's.
    Jen doesn't like me anymore.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Sandy-Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    haha....I see you said "Positive" Disregard last post.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you for your help. I've got no problems talkin' to ya' bro. Don't think that's a good song for a girlfriend, though. Thanks, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I now see you saw that I said 'positive'. Thanks anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member andrew33's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's Jenny by Stellastarr:

    "And I guess it true that we ignore our mother
    And we change our color, change our friends
    It's a soul searching motherfucker"

    Jenny was a friend of mine by The Killers:

    "There ain't no motive for this crime
    Jenny was a friend of mine"

    might be best to stick with Jennifer Juniper by Donovan.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Tim73's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    122
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Darren Stockford who used to run Rocks Off zine did me a tape with Jenny 867-5309 which was brilliant. Who was the band? I know they were from Australia & I really liked the singers voice. This would have been around 94/95 but the record could be older.

    <font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ December 11, 2005 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Tim73 ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    "Jenny, Jenny" by the fantabulous Little Richard is an example of a positive Jenny song. Mitch Ryder did a medley of that with Chuck Willis' "CC Rider", called "Jenny take a Ride."

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There were also songs by BBB and Dogtown Balladeers, right? I know the DB song isn't exactly complimentary. [img]frown.gif[/img] Dang it!!! lol

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Johnny B's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Tim73:
    Darren Stockford who used to run Rocks Off zine did me a tape with Jenny 867-5309 which was brilliant. Who was the band? I know they were from Australia & I really liked the singers voice. This would have been around 94/95 but the record could be older.


    _________________________________________________


    The only version of this song that I know of is by The Goo Goo Dolls if thats of any use to you, great track by the way

  10. #10
    Inactive Member A Katt Named Raggz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    3,524
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can always use Andii Vamp and myself's SWEETHEARTZ OF THE WORLD....that's a little love song....well...if ya look at it in a positive way...AHAHAHA!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •